What Things Do You Love?
touch the card to read the other side
Tools, Materials & More
What things put a smile on your face and turn your workday into a lot of fun? For many of us, the tools and raw materials we use all day long are important ingredients in defining our life's work or dream business.
A funny thing happens when you love the tools and raw materials you work with. Work is more fun and enjoyable. Before you know it, you are looking forward to Monday morning and the opportunity to work with the things you love.
In the rush of the average workday, we can lose sight of how much joy we get from using our favorite things. But the things we love to work with are a large part of what we love about our dream jobs.
So what things do you love to work with? Would you love to work with ...
- potter's clay and turning wheels
- a rack of exotic spices and a 8 burner professional stove
- photographs and light tables
- skyscrapers and high rise cranes
- rolled maps and a GPS tracking system
- saddles and newly mown hay
- first edition books and the smell of old leather journals
- baseball cards and statistics of batting averages
- the smell of grease and the roar of a finely tuned engine
- a leather briefcase and a fine fountain pen
- hydrodynamic formulas and wind tunnel models
Whatever you love, making it an integral part of your workday can turn your work into a wonderful place to spend the day. Once you know what they are, you have a good idea of what the tools of your trade are or what you want to produce and sell in your dream business.
Finding The Things You Love
If you want to learn more, or need some inspiration, here are a few books and tools I recommend (some of which may be in your local library).
Your Special Gift by Max Lucado