Do You Have A List of Basic Life Skills?
touch the card
A List of Skills For Succeeding In Life
Are you winning or losing at the game of life? Would you like to be living a more wonderful life? If so, then you will want to learn more about the basics skills you need for your journey through life.
Learning The Basics
Unfortunately, many of us never get to see the list of basic skills we need to develop ... and so we never know if we are getting taught the things we need to know.
And if we miss out on a skill or two, we are likely to hit a pothole in life ... sometimes getting stranded by the side of the road .. while others pass us by.
To make sure that does not happen to you, take a moment and think about the skills you need to thrive in a modern world. And what skills you need to be able to make all of your dreams come true.
Here is a quick list of life skills to get you started ...
Self Knowledge Skills
Often the most valuable skills we learn are ones that help us learn about ourselves.
- To know who you are, who you can become, and how you can excel in life
- Understand your fate, destiny & potential
- To know what your life calling and purpose are and the things that create meaning and bring joy into your life
- Find your place in the World
- To gain a wide range of experiences to draw on by traveling wis.deli in your mind and in person
- Make excellent life choices that are in your best interests
- Shape a strong character where virtues can be cultivated and nourished, and tested in the real life world
- To learn how to stay focused on what is important and wisely deal with diversions and distractions
- To understand each life stage and the challenges, opportunities, and obstacles each brings to you
- To know what skills you are good at and what gifts and talents help you excel, so you know what you are great at and other people value in you
- To know how the business world works as defined by the worldwide labor market, global economics, industry dynamics company structures, hiring practices and career paths.
- To be an intelligent, productive, hard working and ethical employee or employer.
- To not only be self sustainable, but to earn a good living -- enough to be able to provide adequate food, shelter, clothing, education and medical care for you and your loved ones.
To learn more, read work skill quotes.
Managing Money Skills
Money makes the world go round ... and funds making our dreams come true.
- To not only be able to do simple math, but handle money, budget, and save wisely
- To know the difference between spending and investing
- To put money aside for a rainy day, large purchases and down payments on housing and transportation
- To invest in lifelong learning and new skills to stay competitive and interested in life
Problem Solving Skills
One of the most common human tasks is problem solving, and these skills reflect that.
- To be able to think deeply and critically about problems. Specifically, to recognize the symptoms, trace them to the root of the problem, name it, identify and evaluate possible solutions, select the appropriate solution and implement it.
- To know how the world works as defined by mathematical formulas and other representations of cause and effect in the physical world.
- To be able to identify challenges and obstacles, understand their impact and significance, and know how to overcome them or go around them.
- To effectively solve problems and learn from your mistakes
- To make good decisions and keep your commitments (two sources of self-made problems)
- Know how to begin, arrive At the middle and end
- Arrive at compromises, blend opposites, find a Higher middle ground
We also need to learn how to communicate with other people, as well as convey our thoughts, ideas and feelings to the ones we love and work with.
- To not only be able to read well, but be literate in all the best examples of the written word so you can spot common themes and think about universal ideas.
- To be able to not only write, but communicate well with others about your thoughts, feelings, ideas, opinions, tastes, preferences, values and beliefs.
- To converse easily with a wide variety of people and speak the Truth from your heart
Many people think basic living skills is being able to do the laundry and run the dishwasher. But life has so many more challenges to offer .. and you need the skills to cope.
- To be able to observe the world, reason, and draw accurate and rational conclusions.
- To understand how to live a healthy life and make life-fulfilling decisions about food, physical exercise, sleep, and the way you use your life energy.
- To learn about the chain of consequences that flow from both small and large actions and to take responsibility for both your actions and all their consequences.
- To be able to navigate the world around you and be able to travel safely where ever you need to go.
- To understand the major life decisions you face and know how to make good choices based on your current situation and future possibilities.
- To understand universal life themes and how to turn them from abstract concepts into concrete actions. These include ... justice, freedom, honor, integrity, respect, fairness, ethics, love, jealously, joy, greed.
- To get a useful education and become smarter in the ways of the world
- To develop and cultivate a good sense of humor to get you through the tough times
- To be wisely optimistic so you can see the possibilities in crises and take advantage of windows of opportunity
- To create life affirming habits so you naturally act in your own best interests, even when you are running on autopilot through your life
- To learn how to wisely take risks for a Handsome reward and know when to harvest and exit, as well as when to enter and sow
- To know how to turn worry into taking action so that your energy is used in finding solutions and taking action instead of wheel spinning
- To understand life situations & Nature's Laws
so you can trace the laws of cause and effect and use them to your advantage
- To find the keys to success (mastery, self fulfillment, happiness, enlightenment) and share them with the ones you love
- To find meaning & create significance in the events
of your life so you can understand how it is unfolding and where it is going
- To be able to adapt to circumstances and take effective action
- To understand and use power Wisely so you can influence the unfolding of events in your life and the lives of those you love
- To understand people, what they want and how to help them discover, fund and live their dreams
- To discover and keep updating what brings you happiness ... and lets you bring happiness to others
- To be able to accept & embrace ambiguity
in a world where uncertainty is the norm and nothing is normal
- To find the silver lining in events and learn how to use it to create rainbows of opportunity
- To learn from mistakes (yours and others) and be able to put the past behind You
and start over or anew Gracefully
- To keep an open mind
so you can sort lies from truth and evolve your ideas and theories as the world evolves
Some of the most challenging skills to learn are how to get along with others.
- To get along with others, respect their individuality and strengths, as well as understand their weaknesses and needs.
- To be able to form friendships, alliances, temporary teams, study groups, and negotiate the world of cliques and social hierarchies.
- To be able to listen to, understand, respect, and follow authorities as well as undertake leadership roles and use power wisely.
- To be a thoughtful and informed citizen who votes, pays taxes, obeys the laws, participates in helping the community thrive and serves to protect and defend the rights and life of others.
- To be a considerate, compassionate and responsible home owner, neighbor and community member.
- To be a kind, loving and supportive family member.
- To find and connect with another person and commit your heart, head and resources to nurture and champion their dreams -- and have them do the same to you.
- To create great friendships, nurture them and maintain lifelong friendships with kindred spirits and true friends
- To build a strong, supportive family
of your own that respects each member, honors their differences and embraces them for who they are
- To be welcomed into a culture (your own or another) as a valuable member worthy of respect and caring
- To treat others as equals, encourage them and champion their dreams
- To help others when all they need is a helping hand
- To act as a good role model and find ones of your own to inspire and guide you throughout your life